Sunday, March 1, 2009

First charcoal drawing ever!


This is my first attempt at doing a charcoal sketch. I have done some art, pretty casually before, but i've never used the medium of charcoal before. My sister got me some materials at Christmas. I know it isn't amazing, but I do like how it turned out, esp my hair. I think the next object will be a couple of studies - like spheres with light sources, etc, to get used to the shading and the materials. I was thinking it also might be fun to go to the park and draw a couple of the trees.. The subject matter is basically endless. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks good! You'll have to post some other drawings.

Unknown said...

I had no idea that you were an aspiring artist! It looks great especially for your first charcoal!